Monday 7 December 2009

Blueberry Sponge cake! *picture heavy!!* lol

This is my own recipe for the most simple Vanilla Sponge cake ever! I love these tins the best as you can fill the middle with whatever you like....its goes particularly well with fresh fruit though :) *it is a slightly heavier cake since it is served with icecream and fruit - i would make a lighter one for an actual Victoria sponge*

Simple sponge cake made special!

Ingredients:

200g Caster sugar
200g Butter
200g Self Raising flour
4 eggs
Splash of vanilla essense (be generous)
pinch of salt

Method:

*heat up oven to 190 degrees c*

1. Combine the butter and sugar in a bowl and mix until smooth and creamy.2. Beat the eggs in a seperate jug/bowl, measure out and sieve the flour.
3. Gradually add the eggs and flour to the butter mix slowly.4. Continue mixing for approx 6-9 mins and add the pinch of salt and vanilla as you go.5. Turn out into a lightly greased (for funny shaped tins i use the low calorie spray oil) tin.6. Level off the top and bake for approx 20-25 minutes. Remove once a cake tester comes out of the mix clean.
7. Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before turning onto a cooling rack to cool completely.8. Place onto the serving dish.9. Pile the middle with your chosen fruit and sprinkle with icing sugar.(doesnt it look pretty in my Nigella Cake dome!!)
10. Serve with ice cream (we used Tesco Chocolate cookie mix) or cream and enjoy :)OK, look what the little minx got up to 2 nights ago!! Here he is caught red - or should that be black - handed with my eyeliner!!
Sorry for the blury pic i had to take it quickly before we woke him up giggling!! lol
Last night our little visitor brought a hat for Ethan to wear in our Christmas holiday picture - aww hes not completely naughty is he! :)
*and boy look at that pout!!*

Thanks so much for all the well wishes, as you can see by todays post im feeling a lot better - im still not 100% so whether they will let me have the swine flu vaccination tomorrow or not we shall see - wish me luck :)

6 comments:

  1. Oh that cake looks delicious!
    Love the cute photos!
    Hope you are well enough to get your jab tomorrow x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh Yum!! please can I come and live with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're starting to feel better, fingers crossed for the jab tomorrow.
    The cake looks lovely, my mouth is watering.
    made your caramel shortbread and mint crisp yesterday, if you keep these recipes going i'll never have to buy another recipe book again lol. Although i'm intrigued by your 'pioneer woman' one so i've put it on my Christmas list.
    ((hugs))
    Beki xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you are feeling a little better. Another scrummy recipe there. I don't know where you find your time. I am in a spin with all that is going on at the moment.
    That naughty little elf. What will he get up to next.
    Rachael XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. How I wish I had one of those mixers! Thanks for the recipes.
    Mrs C X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Think I've caught the bug - we are all down with it and all feeling blech. Throat really hurts - doesn't stop me drooling at all these recipes though, Am going to have to catch up and print off ;)

    Can I be nosey and ask what mixer you have? It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Hi
Many thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. It is much appreciated :) If you would prefer to email me direct please contact me on debbie@aeroprinting.co.uk
Many thanks
Debbie
x