What better to do on a bank holiday than bake:
What you need:
(A little helper is optional...)
16oz Self Raising Flour
2 pinches of salt
2oz Caster Sugar
2 eggs beaten (milk to make it up to 1/2pt)
Preheat oven to 220oc
1. Place flour, salt and margerine in a bowl and rub together with fingers until breadcrumbs.
2. Stir in sugar and currants.
3. Mix in egg/milk mix (leaving a little for brushing the tops)
4. Roll out onto a floured surface and cut into circles.
5. Place on a baking tray and brush the tops with remaining egg/milk wash.
6. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
Lashings of butter, fresh strawberries and cream!
Quick and easy dessert made in 20 minutes max!