Tuesday 3 February 2009

Decorated tin :)

I bought a few of these tines from TKMax just after Christmas when they were discounted. Im not keen on the amaretti biscuits as they are the soft ones :( I thought they were the hard ones to use in the Nigella Rocky Road! I emptied them (into the biscuit tin - hey just because i dont like them doesnt mean there arent 5 other mouths here ready to blitz the tin!) and decided to reuse the tin as its such a perfect size for other treats :)

I cut a strip of paper to fit all the way around the tin, inked the edges and double sided taped it into place. I cut a square for the lid and rounded the corners with the Creative Memories corner punch, again ink the edges and stick in place.
Now it was ready to decorate....I put dst all the way around the top of the tin and attached the pom pom trim. I stamped the Papertrey Ink Fresh Baked stamp onto kraft colour paper and cut it into a strip which would fit around the tin. Inked the edge and stamped the middle of the sign with the adorable little star. DST it into place.I stamped the From our home to your home and punched it out with the 1inch circle punch. I then mounted this onto some October Afternoon patterned paper and punched out the flower with the Stampin up circle scallop punch. This was then mounted on kraft card and punched out with the EK Success whale scallop punch.
The flower was attached to the lid and the sign was attached to the flower with raised sticky pads to add more depth.Fill with your gift :)
*Papertrey ink Holiday Treats Stamps *October Afternoon Patterened paper *Flair Designs - Bake off paper *Bazzill Cardstock *Black Stazon *Red Stazon *Misc pompom trim *Misc flower

7 comments:

  1. A great makeover, well done you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you done with the tin, so elegant. Love the cards in the last post too.

    Love and blessings
    xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are the delicious treats you put in the tin? Is that Turkish Delight? Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just came to your blog post from PTI forum, new blog post! I love your creations, this tin is wonderful! Lovely colors and every detail is so perfect! I'm curious too, what is the scrumptious looking treat?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Debbie - your stuff is amazing!! I'm going back to drool over your blog some more - may I add a link to you on my side bar??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Beautiful! thakns for the detailed instructions, too!

    ReplyDelete

Hi
Many thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. It is much appreciated :) If you would prefer to email me direct please contact me on debbie@aeroprinting.co.uk
Many thanks
Debbie
x