Sunday 4 September 2011

Back to School ....soon!

We have 3 boys back on Tuesday and 1 back on Wednesday so I decided to throw them a party...

Scott: 'mam why would we have a party to go back to school - we arent happy??'

Me: 'I am and thats worth a party!' lol

So, what with my kids and my sister 2 little ones I set about making a Back to school party..
We had green apple cakepops, a 6 layer apple cake, eton mess, fresh apples, bottles of milk with paper straws (you had to give the answer on the straw to get the bottle) and keylime pie marshmallows.
The kids were all given lots of goodies to play with including a new back to school backpack, pencils, books etcand a little tin lunchbox which we filled with ham sandwiches and crisps :)They thoroughly enjoyed themselves and kept running outside to the trampoline pretending they were going on a school trip! lolThis last 6 weeks have flown over and although im sad to see the boys all go back to school i will be happy to finally be able to clean a room and have it tidy for at least half the day!! lol


8 comments:

  1. Oooooooooh! Can I move in with you? You sound a really fun family. Love the party food, what a grand idea.
    Julie xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely idea.. so much thought gone into the party ..i love that apple cake so cool!!
    i am so ready for my boys return to school tomorrow but i think he is to so i dont feel to bad!!

    charl
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! What a fab idea! I love the cake, it is just stunning. I so need a tutorial for that lol.

    Becky x
    http://www.thegirlwhoblogs.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is fabulous - I love that big apple cake!! I bet the children had a wonderful time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea. We have a birthday this week otherwise I might have done something similiar - my eldest turns 9 on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanna live near your house, your house is wayy more fun than mine lol. love the little lunch tins.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely idea. That cake is fabulous. Hope school is as exciting as their party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What an idea. The apple cake looks fabulous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi
Many thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. It is much appreciated :) If you would prefer to email me direct please contact me on debbie@aeroprinting.co.uk
Many thanks
Debbie
x