Saturday 5 December 2009

The most divine cupcake frosting EVER!!

ok this has got to be my favourite frosting for cupcakes - its so light and fluffy yet marshmallowy at the same time - yum!! I posted this once before about a year ago and im coping out by posting it again -ive come down with the bug the boys had! Hopefully its a 24hr one here too and will be gone quickly but i thought it best not to actually bake anything while im icky! LOL

Best Frosting Ever!

Ingredients:
200g sugar
80ml water
0.8g cream of tartar
2 egg whites
5ml vanilla extract

Method:

1. In a saucepan, stir together the sugar, water and cream of tartar.

2. Cook over medium-high heat until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is bubbly.

3. In a medium mixing bowl, whip the egg whites and vanilla to soft peaks.4. Gradually add the sugar mixture while whipping constantly until stiff peaks form, about 7 to 10 minutes.

5. Frost the cake of your choice.Dont skimp on any of the boiling or mixing - its well worth it for peaks that stay perfect :)

Will be back tomorow with another recipe and some elf antics :)

11 comments:

  1. I'm certainly filling my CK recipe file with your recipes.
    Hope you feel better soon.
    ((hugs))
    Beki xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. GET WELL SOON!!!!!

    that recipe looks YUMMY!! will have to give that ago!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word Debbie, I'm salivating here!!!

    Hope you feel better VERY soon.

    Rosie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo, this looks and sounds yum, hope you are feelin' better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, what a fantastic idea, can't wait to try it out!
    Caramel shortbread too, my favourite, although I don't make it because I end up eating the lot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That frosting looks delicious! I've been looking for a recipe that makes lovely light frosting and this looks just the ticket :) Thanks xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh wow, yummy!

    Rose XXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look gorgeous!
    hope you are feeling better x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to make this but I'm not sure what grams convert to.... what is 200g in either ml or imperial?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really do need to try out this one...wonder what it would be like with chocolate addition?


    Not sure if this is too late Carennedy, but 25g=1 oz so 200g would be 8oz

    Happy baking!
    Yvie

    ReplyDelete

Hi
Many thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. It is much appreciated :) If you would prefer to email me direct please contact me on debbie@aeroprinting.co.uk
Many thanks
Debbie
x