Tuesday 28 May 2013

Reviews'day Tuesday - celebraTORI (Tori Spelling Book)

Having started out on this fabulous journey that is party planning I thought it best to read as much as possible on the subject.  Everyone knows the name Tori Spelling from Beverly Hills 90210 in the 80s/90s but did you know shes a complete domestic goddess and party queen!?

She is also one of my heros!

Tori is a fabulous mummy to 4 little ones and I only wish we got the Tori and Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood tv series here in the UK!  I love sneaking a look behind the doors of how the other half live!

It was while I was looking for books on party planning that i first came across Toris book - celebraTORI.

I picked it up thinking it was going to be another over done, over written and over produced book telling you how to swan around looking pretty while everyone else does all the work...  Hey I like a bit of escapism too! 

No!


From the little stories of past parties to tales of disasters and tips on how to cut corners, this book has it all!  The photography is beautiful as are the ideas for tables and parties.  There are drink recipes as well as menu planning - through to how to make tissue pompoms and bodyscrub! 

I devoured this book in one sitting, not because it was easy reading but because i got completely absorbed in the whole feel of Tori's lifestyle....oh to be a fly on the wall at one of her parties!  

Highly recommended reading even if you take nothing away from it other than a couple of recipes and smiles :)

TTFN
Debbie
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi
Many thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. It is much appreciated :) If you would prefer to email me direct please contact me on debbie@aeroprinting.co.uk
Many thanks
Debbie
x