Saturday 20 June 2009

Friday Sketchers and random ramblings!

Here is my card based on the new sketch from Friday Sketches - i love the Wishing You stamp set from Papertrey so I stamped just the tops of the tulips to make the dragonfly the main focus. Thanks for the inspiration girls and the design team cards are gorgeous - go check them out!

Now the rambling bit - please feel free to sleep during the following section... ;)

On the 15th of September last year i posted the following on my blog (it was amongst the stuff that got lost when i switched some settings so im reposting it) ....

*************************************************************************
When i first decided, a couple of weeks ago, to make positive steps in my life i knew i needed to do things for me, more cardmaking, scrapbooking, these things make ME happy I found a tin of Rhonna Farrah rub ons that i have had for years but never used.

I rifled through the tin and 3 jumped out at me - Faith, Hope and Love.

I had the perfect place to put them and just knew the overhang of the stairs was one of the first places i would see every morning without doubt as i headed downstairs to start a new day. That night i finished another chapter of Manifest Your Destiny and the closing words were But Faith, Hope and Love never fail. *that was a warm cosy moment i tell you*

I carried on making my cards and doing the challenges and got an email from the girls at SBS18 to let me know i had won a prize for my Relax accordian folder. The stamps arrived in an envelope that had been stuck down with sticky tape that read.....

But Faith, Hope and Love never fail.

*************************************************************************

Spooky eh! :D Well, a couple of weeks ago i called into the Scrapbook Shop to pick up some goodies to make my next class with. I was given some of the sticky decorative tape etc and also asked if i would like to make some show goods for the shop - i came home and popped the class bag away and worked on the shop stuff.

Last week i received an email saying i had been chosen as part of the new Scrapbookmate Design Teamwhich was so unexpected as i had forgotten i had even applied! :) Other good things are happening right now too and everything seems to be falling into place without too much worry etc.

Fast forward to when i was preparing my class on Thursday. I opened the packs of tape and guess what one of them said..........
....how cool is that!!

It reminded me to stop stressing about things and go with the flow a little more, life has a plan and everything will be fine :) xxx

5 comments:

  1. oh really fantastic and so precious.
    thank you for joining in the friday sketchers challenge and using my sketch.
    hugs, bea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww i LOVE stuff like that!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie your card totally rocks! I love it! So fresh and pretty!
    Fate has a strange way of working doesn't it! I think your tape is a sure sign that you're on the right path to happiness! You bring those words home by uploading your amazing creations - just love 'em!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work on your blog!!

    Sweet greetings,
    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What positive and uplifting post! Your card is lovely and perfect for the Friday Sketchers challenge - which I was thrilled to sponsor this week. Many blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete

Hi
Many thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. It is much appreciated :) If you would prefer to email me direct please contact me on debbie@aeroprinting.co.uk
Many thanks
Debbie
x