My take on Nigellas Cherry Cheesecake :)
200g crushed digestives
60g melted butter
300g cream cheese (I used sainsburys own make)
150g Dark Chocolate
60g Icing Sugar
200g Morello Cherry Pie Mix
284ml Double Cream
Chocolate sauce and Cherries to decorate
Serves 12 - calories per slice (you don't want to know! haha)
1. Crush the biscuits and add the melted butter (I did all of this in a food processor - so much quicker and easier than the plastic bag bashing method!)
2. Press into a 9 inch tin and refridgerate while you prepare the rest of the cake.
3. Crush the chocolate in a food processor too to get really fine chips.
4. In a mixer add the cream cheese, icing sugar and chocolate and blend slowly until completely mixed.
5. Fold in the cherry pie mix.
6. Whip the double cream until soft peaks form.
7. Fold into the cream cheese mix.
8. Empty on to the biscuit base and smooth.
9. Allow to set in the fridge for around 3 hours.
10. Drizzle with chocolate sauce and a good spoonful of cherries.
11. Slice and Serve!