The second recipe dedicated to a love of Bananas and Fairtrade Fortnight is from the rather dishy Paul Frangie!!
Banana Coconut Pancakes
Credit: Paul Frangie,www.thisdudeknowsfood.com www.stickwithfoncho.org.uk
• 2 Eggs
• 1 Ripe Fairtrade banana
• 2 Tbsp coconut flour
• Pinch of salt
• Fairtrade Honey
• Toasted coconut flakes
• Ghee, Fairtrade coconut oil or light Fairtrade olive oil
• Kitchen processor (or large mixing bowl and fork)
• Frying pan
Kitchen processor (or large mixing bowl and fork)
1. Using a kitchen processor mix/blend the eggs, ripe banana, coconut flour and salt together ( mash the banana in a bowl using a fork, then add the eggs and beat well, add coconut flour and pinch of salt and whisk again with fork).
2. Heat frying pan on medium high and add a teaspoon of ghee/oil.
3. Each time pour a small amount of batter into the frying pan (around the size of your palm) around six evenly sized pancakes.
once cooked carefully flip the pancake using a spatula and fry on other
5. Remove and stack pancakes on plate (cover with a bowl to keep warm).
6. Garnish pancakes with toasted coconut flakes, blueberries and a drizzle of honey. Serve and enjoy!