Friday 17 September 2010

Foodbuzz Project Food Blog - Round 1! EEK!

You may have noticed a couple of new banners on my blog pointing you in the direction of Foodbuzz. Well, I am now an official Featured Foodbuzz publisher and I dont know what has possessed me but I have signed myself up to take part in a 2000 strong cooking competition!! Talk about little fish BBBBIIIGGGG pond!! EEK!

Project Food Blog will whittle down from 2000 to 1 - yes 1!!

This is a bid to find the next 'Top Chef'....now, believe me I know there are a lot of fantastic chefs/bakers/cooks and as much as I like to think my family give me unbiased criticism, well, theyre family arent they! lol So I have decided as long as I do this for me then its all good!Our first challenge is to describe what defines us as a food blogger and why we deserve to be the next Food Blog Star.

I am a mummy, wife and full time cook to a family of 7! We all eat the same meals and we stopped buying cakes and biscuits from the store a while ago - we just prefer homemade food! I love cooking, it relaxes me, its my time! I can go into the kitchen with a promise of chocolate muffins all round if they play games with Daddy for 30 minutes....its win win! lol All 4 of our boys have always eaten a majority of foods put in front of them and I can bet Evangeline will eat everything in sight soon too! We are all enjoying the 52 week recipe challenge I started at New Year, it is broadening my cooking base as well as putting proper home cooked meals on the table. Im not knocking the occassional take out but I think there is a lot to be gained from watching your family enjoy and tuck into a meal that you have made from scratch.
With this competition I can challenge myself as well as try new things at the same time, I love cooking sweet desserts so it will be fun to stretch further afield into different cultures etc. As you progress through each round you get set a new challenge, ranging from setting a dinner party to recording a video of yourself cooking - ok im sure im not the only one dreading that one! lol

Voting opens on the 20th of September so I will pop back and put a link through to the vote page on Monday :)

Eek, wish me luck.....Ive seen the other contestants and think im going to need all the help I can get ;)

13 comments:

  1. Debbie did you make that delicous looking cake and is the recipe on this blog?--I would love to try making it!
    ~Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh well done for entering and I hope you do well. It sounds like a really good challenge! PS - All your pics look amazing !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you'll do well....your recipes are delicious...good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck sounds like fun! have a great weekend, hugs Debx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your life. I look forward to reading more. I will be posting my project food buzz entry tomorrow. Check it out and let me know what you think.
    Ashlee
    www.ashandlewplus2.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck, I'm always impressed with what you show us, I'm sure you'll go a long way :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've got everything crossed for you with this - I bet you'll do a fantastic job - Look out everyone else is all I can say.
    Huge Hugs - Ju xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to make those cupcakes (first photo)! Which recipe of yours is that? They look amazing! Good luck with PFB, just voted!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What delicious baking! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally get it! Cook, Eat, Write, Repeat! You got my vote. Check out my post at http://www.foodbuzz.com/project_food_blog/challenges/1/view/638. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice entry post...and delicious looking sweets :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your baking looks positively scrumptious! I wish you the best in the competition!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds a really exciting venture Debbie.

    I love your blog and your recipes, my kids particularly love your recent cookie recipe.

    Wishing you all the best.

    Mandy
    x

    ReplyDelete

Hi
Many thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. It is much appreciated :) If you would prefer to email me direct please contact me on debbie@aeroprinting.co.uk
Many thanks
Debbie
x