Monday 4 January 2010

Day 1 - Carrot cake with vanilla frosting shopping list!

OK, lots of info today so let me jump in first with the winner of the Papertrey stamps. Congratulations to ....

Warm n Wonderful

Please email me your address and i will get these in the post for you :)

Shopping list - Week 1

This is where we take the first step into our year long project. First up is your shopping list for this week...based on the ingredients listed this will make 1 x 8in cake. I am going to make double the mix, make one cake and then see how many cupcakes the recipe caters for, that way we have a record for that too.Cake....
8oz self raising flour
2 tsp baking powder
5oz light muscavado sugar
2oz chopped walnuts
4oz grated carrots
2 mashed, ripe bananas
2 eggs
5fl oz sunflower oil

Frosting....
6oz full fat soft cheese (i use marscapone)
2oz soft margarine
4oz sifted icing sugar
3 drops vanilla essence

walnut halves or marzipan carrots to decorate..... (this is optional)

Now this is entirely up to you but this is how im going to do this....i will pop these details onto the back of my 4 x 6 card and thats the first bit done. When i post the instructions i will add those then too and then all i need to do is add the photograph to the front and voila, finished. No missed info and no need to sit down going back through posts to find details :)

Here are a couple of links to conversion sites which may come in handy....

The Food Conversion Calculator

Food Measurement Chart

if you know a trusted site pop me a message below and i will add a link :)

Please feel free to email me with any questions you may have, the facebook page seems to have taken on a life of its own and we now have almost 120 members! This is going to be so much fun!! :D

12 comments:

  1. I've got my shopping list and off to purchase them today.

    Thanks Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I made a carrot cake (well, 2 actually) yesterday! It was a request from the birthday hubby!

    Hope yours is a scrummy!

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I have everything on there (must be a first for me!) except the walmuts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the carrot cake! I made a lovely one last year from the Leith's book and although I loved it, the rest of my brood weren't too bothered either way. They obviously don't have as refined tastes as me! lol So I won't be joining you on this one. I'm planning on baking a choc & orange marble cake this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love carrot cake but mention a cake containing vegetables and watch my lots noses turn up! I made a chocolate cake with mashed potato last week but didn't tell them ..... what they don't know can't hurt them can it! ;-) BTW it was totally demolished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not tried carrot cake before.....have started a recipe card for it (I print my own lol)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The ingredients I dont have in are now on my shopping list and this is soooo getting made this weekend!! Thanks!!

    BH x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carrot Cake!!! YUMMMY! All huge fans of that here. Will get the ingredients for this when we do our shop this week ;)

    Debbie can I nick your box picture to the side to add to my sidebar to show what challenges I am following? Do you mind?

    ReplyDelete
  9. this sounds a wonderful recipe and will definitely give it a go one the instructions are up (and I have got all the ingredients of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. found some carrot decorations on ebay Hope this helps someone

    ReplyDelete

Hi
Many thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. It is much appreciated :) If you would prefer to email me direct please contact me on debbie@aeroprinting.co.uk
Many thanks
Debbie
x