Thursday 27 May 2010

Strawberry Ice Cream Cake - week 21 :)

YUMM!!

Gather all your ingredients....hull the strawberries, sieve the flour and cocoa powder...
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease and flour a 7 inch spring-form cake tin. Put the butter in a pan over a low heat and melt. Leave to cool.
Put the eggs and sugar in a heatproof bowl and place over a pan of simmering water. Whisk with an electric whisk until the mix is pale, doubled in volume and leaves a trail on its surface.
Remove from heat and continue whisking until cool. Fold in the flour and cocoa powder. Lightly fold in the melted butter. Pour into the tin and bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Cool completely in the tin.

For the ice cream, put the strawberries in a pan with 100ml water, cover and bring to the boil. Boil for 5-7 minutes or until they are very soft. Purée the strawberries in a blender, then sieve to remove the pips. Stir in sugar to taste. Set aside to cool.Put the yolks and the 200g sugar in a bowl and whisk until pale. Add the cream and mascarpone, whisking until smooth. Fold in the strawberry purée. Pour the strawberry mix over the cold cake, put in the freezer and freeze for at least 12 hours.
To serve, run a hot palette knife around the edge of the cake and remove from the tin.
Serve and Enjoy - we found it easier to leave to melt a little before eating, it wasnt so painful on sensitive teeth! lol *ps... excuse the thumb print in the cake too - its flipping rock hard when youre trying to cut it!* lol

10 comments:

  1. Wow that looks delicious, I will run away now as that cake will certainly not help my diet. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, that cakes looks yum

    can x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow.. you make it look so easy.. I might even give it a try...TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow....that looks so tasty
    Viv
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! will try this on sunday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness how gorgeously delicious does that cake look! And pink too! Nearly as yummy as Evie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness me, this looks absolutely delish Debbie. Just looking at it has made me put on a few kilo's... Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! This looks divine! If we lived closer I would be over for sure! LOL I guess you and I have had the same thing on the mind, I made stuffed strawberries. Check my blog in the next day or two for the recipe. They are soooooo good!

    ReplyDelete

Hi
Many thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. It is much appreciated :) If you would prefer to email me direct please contact me on debbie@aeroprinting.co.uk
Many thanks
Debbie
x