Monday 10 May 2010

Week 19 - Rainbow Cake *shopping list*

Here we go with another recipe and this one is going to be a special cake - I cant wait to do the step by step for this one let alone the eating of it!! LOL

Shopping list for week 19
4 Eggs
8 oz Soft Margarine
8 oz Caster Sugar
8 oz Self Raising Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
6 Strawberries
1 Orange
1 Lemon
1 Kiwi
2 oz Blueberries

food colouring... red, orange, yellow, green and blue

200g sugar
80ml water
0.8g cream of tartar
2 egg whites
5ml vanilla extract

More fruit to decorate
Chocolate swirls to decorate

I can feel my hips growing at the thought of all the calories but this is a one of special occasion type of cake - i cant see me making this one every week (well not until ive tasted it, then i might change my mind!!) LOL ;)

Remember to enter the giveaway via Mister Linky below - just leave your name and blog address (if you dont have a blog just enter a link to mine in the http box but please remember to check back on Thursday for the winner as i wont have a way of contacting you!) :)

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your cake Debbie. When we were little girls in the 1950s Mum used to make a cake a bit like this for our birthday parties - there were 4 of us. She split the mixture into 3 or 4 and coloured each then swirled them together. We loved it and thought it very special. Ah..... happy memories! Thanks for bringing them to mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I can't wait to see this, my boys will LOVE IT! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really looking forward to this one. A shopping I will go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looking forward to this one got everything except orange colouring :-(

    ReplyDelete

Hi
Many thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. It is much appreciated :) If you would prefer to email me direct please contact me on debbie@aeroprinting.co.uk
Many thanks
Debbie
x